Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A new knee deserves chocolate cake

Duncan Hines® Perfect Size Chocolate Lover's CakeSince I am recovering from knee replacement surgery my mom has come to stay with me during the last couple of weeks of..well...my recovery... Well I needed a few things from the grocery store and armed with one of those electric carts and mom we took on the challenge.  Have you ever driven one of those electric shopping carts?  They are crazy... I was running over all sorts of things..mainly endcaps.. but I digress... And since I couldn't drive very well I went really slow thru the store... well mainly the cake aisle... really slow in the cake aisle.  Which is where we found the  new Duncan Hines Perfect Size cakes.. which happened to be bogo at Publix... hey win win... chocolate cake and buy one get one free??? why yes thank you, I believe that I will take one for Free.
Fast forward to later that afternoon... I evidently inherited my sweet tooth (aka my love for all things chocolate) from my mom, she decides to make the Perfect Size cake.  Anticipation abounds.. she said it was not very hard to make at all.  You still have to use all of the things you use to make a regular size cake...no time saver there.  It comes with it's own pan to cook it in... that is pretty cool. The frosting is a powdered mix you have to add butter and water to... and once again mom said it was pretty easy to make.
Faster fast forwarding... Ok so now supper has been eaten and the dishes have been done... tv watching commences... oh and the I really need a piece of chocolate cake and a scoop of ice cream gene kicks in... so me n mom get a piece of the cake and a scoop of ice cream... and once again anticipation abounds.
So I get a nice big bite of cake and just the right amount of ice cream on my spoon...oh how the mouth watering sequence starts...and 3..2..1... oh my it is the best...wait...wait...what??? What is this????  It is the most dry cake I have ever.. I mean...EVER.... eaten.  And the frosting... totally disgusting... I truly wonder if they even tested it before they started manufacturing it. The chocolate taste in the frosting was so artificial tasting, you really want to scrape it off and make your stand by frosting (which in my case most of the time is the canned type, since there is an opened can with spoon impressions in it in my fridge most of the time!!) Oh what am I saying.. throw the cake away and just eat the canned frosting..it would be so much better!
So friends I just wanted to give you a little heads up and save yo'self $3.50 for a small cake. If you only want a slice of cake do yourself a favor, stop by the bakery and buy a slice of cake.. you won't be disappointed like you would be if you made this Perfect Size cake.
Oh and on the new knee front..hopefully I will be back to making videos in the next week or so.. I miss cooking for y'all.
Hope to see you on youtube soon my friends.

Joanie

No comments:

Post a Comment