Thursday, August 25, 2016

Here a cookie...there a cookie

Well I needed to make some cookies for my husband to take to work with him in his lunch. But I needed to make them like two days ago. I scoured my cookbooks and my recipe cards for something quick and easy to make. No luck, well there were several that I could have chosen but I probably would have ended up eating all of them before he got home. I have visions of peanut butter cookies dancing in my head. Thank goodness for my friend Dee. She had given me her recipe for droop cookies just a few weeks ago.  Now I am not a fan of drop cookies, no not by a long shot, BUT my Jaybob, that is another story. He absolutely, positively loves a drop cookie. And hey I needed some brownie points (cuz I ran into some guys hitch and scratched my car... yeah another story for another time) and well I am not above bribing my baby!!! So I whipped up a batch of these easy cookies and having never made anything like this before, I will say they were really easy to make. A couple of helpful hints to make the process go more smoothly..
1) Have all of your ingredients measured out and ready to go before you start to cook
2) Have both of your baking sheets lined with waxed paper and ready to go
3) Go.. lol
So if you need some bribery ammo.. here ya go.

What you'll need:

1/2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
4 tbl. cocoa
1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla
3-3 1/2 c. oats

What you'll do:

Add first 4 ingredients to saucepan (use one large enough that you can add the oats to), over medium heat till all ingredients are combined and butter is melted.
Turn up the heat and bring mixture to a boil and hold for 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
Add peanut butter, stir until it's melted.
Add vanilla.
Mix in the oats (you may need to add more than 3 cups to make it a drop consistency).
Using a spoon (well I used two one to drop and one to assist the drop spoon) drop mixture onto waxed paper.
Let cool and set.

I have no idea how long these will keep.. all I know is they didn't last long enough for Jaybob to take some in his lunch all week.. smh!! Boy loves his cookies!

Enjoy!
Joanie


No comments:

Post a Comment